Information Kit for People with Colorectal Cancer
This kit links you with a variety of colorectal cancer resources. You can access general cancer information by clicking here.
Some of the resources in this kit have been created by Cancer Care Nova Scotia, others have been created by the Canadian Cancer Society, the Canadian Association for Psychosocial Oncology, the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer and the Colorectal Cancer Association of Canada.
You can access most of the resources by clicking on the hyperlink provided. Paper copies of the resources in this kit are available from your doctor, nurse or cancer patient navigator.
Cancer Care Nova Scotia (CCNS) is interested in your feedback about these resources. Your feedback will help us improve the kit for future patients. After you have had some time to use the kit, please reflect on your use of the resources and click here to complete a short survey. Your feedback is anonymous, CCNS has no way of identifying who completes these evaluation forms.
Colorectal Cancer Resources:
• An introductory letter to Colorectal Cancer Patients from Colorectal Cancer Survivors
• Cancer Coaches – a peer support program offered by the Colorectal Cancer Association of Canada
• Cancer Patient Navigation services in Nova Scotia
• Colon Cancer Treatment Overview - a chart describing all of the steps involved in the treatment of colon cancer
• Could the Colon Cancer in My Family be Hereditary?
• Lower Anterior Resection Syndrome – Bowel Changes After Surgery for Colorectal Cancer
• Nutrition guidelines after bowel surgery
• Rectal Cancer Treatment Overview - a chart describing all of the steps involved in the treatment of rectal cancer
• Support, Knowledge, Hope – a detailed booklet about colorectal cancer
• Understanding Colorectal Cancer – a short booklet describing your diagnosis and treatment
• Web resources – a list of recommended websites about colorectal cancer
After Treatment for Colorectal Cancer:
• Colon Cancer Long Term Follow-up
• Rectal Cancer Long Term Follow-up