Cancer Care Nova Scotia works with government, health districts and community based organizations to improve cancer services in Nova Scotia.
Cancer Care Nova Scotia works with a variety of health and community based organizations such as the Department of Health and Wellness, the District Health Authorities, Dalhousie University, the province’s cancer centres, the Canadian Cancer Society and others.
Together we are:
- finding new ways to support cancer patients and their families
- enhancing cancer research infrastructure and capacity
- educating healthcare professionals about the latest advances in cancer
- providing standards and guidelines to enable consistency and quality in cancer treatment and care
- working with government and health charities to lower shared risk factors like smoking and obesity through education, awareness and policy development.